Small Business COVID-19 Recovery Grant
As part of the lifting of restrictions on business trading that were designed to reduce the spread of COVID-19, the NSW Government is providing small business recovery grants of between $500 and $3000 to eligible small business or not-for-profit organisations.
This grant helps small businesses meet the costs of safely reopening or up-scaling operations. These expenses include, but are not limited to:
- fit-out changes and temporary physical changes (for example, plastic barriers at checkouts)
- staff training and counselling
- business advice and continuity planning
- cleaning products and additional cleaning services
- additional equipment necessary to comply with social distancing or other public health measures
- marketing, communications and advertising
- digital solutions (for example, e-commerce or business websites)
This grant can only be used for purchases of eligible expenses made from 1 July 2020, and only where no other government support is available.
Applications close 11:59 pm Sunday 16 August 2020. Click here for the application guidelines.
Support grants, are restricted to industries significantly impacted by the lockdown order as a result of COVID-19. These industries include but are not limited to:
- Retail trade
- Accommodation and food service
- Rental, hiring and real estate services
- Administrative and support services
- Arts and recreation services.
- Education and Training
There are many sub-industry categories with these groups and we strongly recommend examining the full list of highly impacted industries
To be eligible for the grant, you must meet the eligibility criteria below:
- be based in NSW
- be a small business
- be registered with an ABN in NSW
- have an annual turnover of more than $75,000 (a Business Activity Statement must be provided as evidence)
- employ 1-19 full-time workers
- be able to report a payroll below the NSW 2019-2020 payroll tax threshold of $900,000
- have been highly impacted by Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2020 effective as of 31 March 2020
- have experienced at least 30% decline in turnover from March to July 2020 compared to the equivalent period (of at least 2 weeks) in 2019
- have costs associated with safely reopening or up-scaling your business from 1 July 2020.
Online applications have now opened and via the Small Business COVID-19 Recovery Grant link.
Note – you will require the following to complete the application:
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- your proof of identity
- your valid ABN/ACN number
- your business banking details for payment
- your latest Business Activity Statement
- provide a declaration that you meet the eligibility criteria, including at least a 30% decline in turnover compared to the same 2-week period in 2019.
Mukiwa are here to assist in any way we can with the application. Unfortunately, as it requires a MyServiceNSW account, we are unable to complete the application for you. However, if you require any information or just need help completing the application, please don’t hesitate to contact us.